Sunday, October 10, 2010

Creative Scrappers Celebration and Pumpkin Patch

I was visiting Jill's blog and saw that Creative Scrappers is have a celebration. I hopped over to check it out. They are celebrating their 125th sketch! Go check it out! This layout is also for a challenge at Art Freckles. Their challenge was to create a Halloween or Fall project.

This is my take on the Creative Scrappers sketch:


We had planned on taking the kids to the pumpkin patch yesterday but didn't end up going as it was raining. Peyton was quite crushed that we weren't able to make it to the 'corn maze'. I was excited to wake up this morning to sunshine! This years corn maze theme was Jurassic Ranch. Peyton was ecstatic about this one as he is really into dinosaurs at the moment.
I don't know what I would do with out my jog strollers. Yep, I have two. A single one and a double one. They are SSOOO nice and push so easy over most terrain.
I LOVE the views at the pumpkin patch! Here I was up on a little platform in the corn maze.
Yep...Peyton still prefers the stroller over walking. Maddy didn't mind sharing though!
Here they are studying the map, trying to decide which way to go.
Geesa's! Thats what Maddy calls horses and we aren't quite sure why. Both kids got to ride a pony.
Peyton chose the biggest one! He takes his riding quite seriously! ;-)
If this isn't the cutest thing ever and just totally melts my heart. Peyton and Maddy holding hands. They do this often, whether when walking into Peyton's preschool, walking into or out of a store, they often are holding hands.
They had a fun petting zone/area/whatever. I was quite disappointed to learn we had to pay to go in, as it was free last year. But it was worth every penny! The kids really enjoyed it. Peyton was not ready to leave, he wanted to play in there a lot longer.
Peyton went to pet a chicken and it flapped its wings. The look on Peytons face was priceless!
While we really enjoyed our day, I was shocked at how expensive it was. Next year I'm not sure if it will be a priority to make it there.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Those are great pics! So pretty! Looks like it was the perfect day for the pumpkin patch. :-)

She's a Color Queen said...

Your layout is super cute. Don't you just love halloween pics of your kids all dressed!!

I enjoyed your fall photos! Looks beautiful where you are!

~jan said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! :) Love your cute layout-that star paper with the stripey paper is awesome!

Audra said...

super cute layout!! and all the photos are really adorable!! :)

Jill Sarginson said...

Wow, Kayla, those photos are amazing. You've inspired me to get my butt to our pumpkin patch this weekend. They have mazes too ... :D Photos to come!

And you rocked the CS sketch - good luck on BOTH challenges!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails