Sunday, September 11, 2011

Teachers Gift

Because I am a slacker, I didn't get Peyton's teacher's gift made til after we had our conference. But, I did make it and will send it with him tomorrow, for his first day of school!

The Paper Variety's last challenge for the blogiversary party was to use your favorite embellishment. I LOVE tiny type alphas. I've been using them a lot lately! The tiny types were perfect for this tag as my printer is down and a lot of letters were needed.

I saw this quote somewhere out there in blogdom and it stuck with me. 'I hope your new year starts out smoothly'. Cheesy I know...but I thought it was cute!
So I made a tag to slip onto a bottle of lotion I picked up. Since the bottle was orange, I decided to make sure that color was in the tag. I have a few bits and pieces from Scenic Route left in my stash and have been itching to use them. I happened to have almost exactly the right sizes of papers to alter the bag! I just love it when things work out like that and I don't' have to throw away paper!
Just a quick and simple tag and card!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Awww, how sweet! She's going to love it :-) Love the color combo!

Rita Barakat said...

What a great idea! She will love it! Love the tags too great colors!

Sue said...

What a beautiful gift. I am sure the teacher will really appreciate it. Thanks for sharing your favorite embellishment with The Paper Variety.

Jamilie said...

Love it!! I need to get on it and make something cute for Isabella's! ;-)

Izzy Anderson said...

This is such a great project and I love how the sentiment fits the gift. Very clever. This is so sweet and thoughtful. She will love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails