Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Cards for The Paper Variety Blogiversary!

The Paper Variety is having a big party for their one year blog anniversary! Every day is a new challenge. Today's challenge was to create a monochromatic project. I REALLY struggle with monochromatic challenges. But I love playing along with TPV so I decided to make an attempt with a card.
I started off by opening up my inspiration file and found a card I saw posted a long time ago on the Jillibean Soup blog.
I was also inspired by some of their embellies that I am to cheap to buy, but think I can make! ;-) So I glued some yarn in a circle pattern to a piece of paper, layered it on top of a piece of felt, on top of a couple scalloped netting circles and topped it off with a button.

TPV challenge yesterday was to create a project using your favorite photos. I have a couple favorite photos. I recently read that this Sunday is Grandparents Day! What? Yes...I need to mark this on next years calendar so I can better prepare for it. I decided to make some quick cards for the Grandparents.
I made 4, each one different.
But these two were some of my favorite photos. I used a sketch from Cardablities for these cards!

Now those who know me well, know I love to garage sale. I was able to go out all by myself today! And I LOVED every minute of it! :-) I was able to pick up two Christmas presents for Peyton! :-) A killer deal for a friend. And this frame for $3:
Pardon the clutter behind the photo. I am still in the process of cleaning the garage. I cleaned it up and spray painted it! I'm now waiting for Chris to get back so I can have two extra hands to put my poster in it! The poster had been rolled for at least 8 years, so its hard to handle. Check back soon to see me finished product!

4 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Love these cards. I made a similar embellishment to yours, but have yet to use it. Yours works wonderfully!

Karen said...

Cute, cute cards, Kayla!

Sandi said...

I just love your yellow card and that yarn/felt flower is awesome! Thanks for joing the celebration with us this week at The Paper Variety

Nicole Doiron said...

Your use of yellow in your monochromatic card is just wonderful! Makes for such a pretty uplifting card! Love all your projects this week. Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails