Thursday, September 1, 2011

Maddy's 2nd Birthday

I finally got to scrap yesterday! It feels like it has been FOREVER! While on Pinterest, Karen had pinned a new sketch from Pretty Little Studio. I was SUPER excited about the sketch as it worked really well for The Paper Variety challenge this week too (to create a birthday project and include a banner). So I went to work! I had ordered these cute little banner pieces from Pretty Little Studio and they just so happened to work out perfect for this layout.

I didn't get many good pictures from Maddy's 2nd birthday. So I had to make do with what I had. I inked everything with charcoal colored inkpad.
I wanted the title to stand out a bit so put it on a layered journaling spot I made.
I twisted some bakers twine for the banner and made a couple 3-d stars to finish off the banner.

The Paper Variety is having their 1 year blogiversary next week! They have lots in store for us all, so make sure to check it out!

10 comments:

Jamilie said...

That is SO cute Kay!! Love it!! Your banner is fabulous!

Jackie said...

I just love the baby face that greets me when I come to your blog! Love your banner project! Glad you could play along with TPV!

Karen said...

Look at how cute that turned out! Love your 3D stars and how you twisted the twine. Cute, cute, cute!

Suzy said...

Super cute layout Kayla! I really dig the design and that banner :) Thanks for celebrating Abby's birthday with us at TPV this week!!

Mara Campbell said...

This is such a sweet layout. I just love love love that banner going across the page! It's perfect!

Rita Barakat said...

This is ADORABLE kayla!!! Those pennants are the perfect touch!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous banner..and so cute page.. great design and elements

~jan said...

OMGoodness, that is one sweet layout, Kayla! That banner is awesome!

Hannah said...

Brilliant LO, love the design of it, and the colours are fab together. Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

Unknown said...

love your banner and where you have placed it on your layout...thanks for playing at TPV

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails