Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Whats this...I scrapped? Can it be true? haha! August was a whirl wind month and the last 3 weeks of it left me no time to scrap. So far I have been trying my hardest to catch up around the house and with different projects after being gone so much which has meant no scrapping time too! I was able to sneak in a few minutes last night and this morning!

Its kinda hard to think about snow when its in the 90's! But these photos happened to be towards the top of my stack of photos and worked perfect for the sketch challenge this month at Birds of a Feather. As I was working on it, I noticed The Paper Variety's challenge today (for the blogiversary event) was to use your favorite manufacturer! Yay...this layout works perfect for it too!

I distressed a lot of edges, including the pictures. I wanted to sew, but was too lazy, sew I drew on lines instead!
Side note: If your looking for a friendly message board check out Birds of a Feather. Everyone is SUPER sweet and its small enough you don't feel totally overwhelmed when you join! Amy has great challenges each month too! Also, you will want to check out The Paper Variety this week! it is their one year anniversary and they are having a PARTY! Lots of inspiration challenges and prizes! So head on over there and check it out!

Monday morning, during my regular Craigslist searching, I came across a play structure for a excellent price! I was SUPER excited and called on it right away. Chris was a trooper, and even though he needed to get his bow fixed he went with me to check out the play structure. Yes...his bow broke during hunting season...worse of yet, it broke his arrow and the arrow landed on a buck right underneath the tree stand he was in...talk about timing! It turned into a all-day event! But this mama is VERY happy as are the kiddos!
We got it home and got the swing arm off and with all my body weight put into, I could even budge the dang thing, so I knew I wouldn't be able to help Chris. So I marched over to the neighbors house and asked for help! :-) I love having great neighbors!
Ta-da! It is all set up. Although I had to order new swings as the ones they had were broken.

On Wednesday I had a conference with Peyton's Kindergarten teacher. I'm really excited and think it is going to be a great year. I had a bad mommy moment and accidentally shut one of his fingers in the door on the way there. :-( NOT a good way to start off the year.
So I just got this sad pathetic, I will not smile for the camera, shot of him. :-(
Then once inside the classroom, the teacher tried to talk to him and he all out broke down. Which caused Maddy to get upset, which caused me to feel even worse than I had. So I did not get a picture of Peyton with his teacher as I had planned.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Robyn Schaub said...

I love that you are scrapping snow photos! Need to do some of that myself to remind myself what cool weather feels like. :)

gottaluvboyz said...

Love that layout!!! Poor Peyton...sounds like a rough start to the school year. WooHoo about the play structure. That is awesome!

Charlene said...

Super cute LO! Love the cosmo cricket paper and your faux stitching!

Karen said...

Holy Cow! You took a picture of him pouting in front of the school!!

I didn't notice the first time I saw this, but I absolutely love how you outlined the photos in black! I've done white before....will have to remember to use black ;-)

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamilie said...

Ohh we know who your favorite manufacture is! ;-) LOVE the swing set!! WOW!!!
Cute cute layout and YAY for scrapping!!! Thanks for celebrating with us this week at TPV!

Hannah said...

Brilliant LO, love the combination of colours you've used and thse lovely papers :) Your doodled borders look brilliant on the papers and photos :)
Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at TPV :)

Sandi said...

I love all the outining you did on this page and the choice of papers is awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety this week.

Nicole Doiron said...

I love your layout! Really like your style and your choice of paper! Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at The Paper Variety!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails