Friday, September 9, 2011

A Couple Cards

Amy at Birds of a Feather challenged us to come up with a creative way to use up alphas. I saw this idea a LONG time ago and finally got around to try it!
I bought some plain pearl headed straight pins a while back. I love being able to alter them to fit whatever project I am working on. I simply glued on a orange and black bead to jazz them up a bit!
Can I just say, this is one of my favorite color combos? I just LOVE it!

The Paper Variety is celebrating their one year blog anniversary ALL week and weekend! They have challenges, prizes and give-aways so be sure to swing by and check it out. Their challenge yesterday was to stamp. I'm NOT a stamper. I really struggle with it. I do have a little stash of sentiments for cards. One of my cousins daughters birthday is this weekend and I thought I'd whip up a card real quick for her. I used a sketch from Cardabilities.
The colors seem kinda wonky in the photo, but in real life it looks much better!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I really love how you stamped white on the black. May have to steal your idea!

The alpha card is super, super cute!

~jan said...

Both cards are wonderful, Kay! :)
The cool alpha card's colors are fabulous! I agree with Karen-love the white ink on the darker paper!

Hannah said...

The alpha card is my FAVORITE! Those colors make me smile!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails