Sunday, September 4, 2011

An afternoon by the lake layout

I lifted a layout found here for this layout! My super sweet friend Karen won this super cute October Afternoon line on Julie Bonner's blog. Knowing how much I love the outdoors and camping, she had Julie send it to me! I am attempting to do her justice with the layouts I create using it! ;-)
At Birds of A Feather (in July, or maybe it was August????), they challenged us to scraplift a layout from the gallery. I LOVE to scraplift!

We are so lucky in that this lake is only 5-10 minutes from our house! :-0 Yep, we don't spend hardly time there either. :-( This must change, right?

We have had a busy busy weekend as usual. Chris was in a golf tournament Wednesday through Friday. Then squeezed in some hunting. Saturday morning we took off to the first OSU football game! This would be my first game (or at least first game I remember) and Peyton's first game!
He really was not a fan of the 3+ hour drive to get there or the horrid line getting into the game. But he had some fun on a few jumpy houses they had outside the stadium.
Our seats were WAY UP in the corner! This was our view. I told Chris if I looked down I felt like I was going to get sick.
Peyton did good. But considering it the car told us it was 96 degrees when we got back to it, its no wonder he only made it to half time.
This morning Chris went out to the garden with the kids while I made lunch. Peyton was SUPER excited to pull some carrots and beans!
Maddy...she just wanted to do what Peyton did.
Once again, they went out WITHOUT me and DID NOT get pictures. So we went out again and dug up some potatoes!

I am a Craigslist junkie....I am a garage sale junkie....there I said it. I feel much better now! haha! I saw a posting on Craigslist and this gal was giving up scrapbooking! *gasp* I know! So I scheduled to meet her Saturday morning. My plans changed, so I didn't get over there til this morning. I'm a tad disappointed as she said a gal went over yesterday and got a TON of stuff. :-( But I was able to score some great finds!
I found a handful of cardstock, some random pieces to some of my favorite lines, some yummy Bo Bunny Double Dot cardstock.
I found a stack of DCWV cardstock (not my fave, but at the same time, so excited to get some more cardstock) some fall glitter cardstock (I'm thinking flowers for home decor items) and the Basic Grey Granola stack!
Basic Grey Eerie Set and doilies.
Special glue, fuzz/flock and glitter (not sure if I'll use them, but couldn't pass them up) as well as a couple punches for my mom!
A 6x6 BG paper stack, 2 Sizzix die cuts, Tim Holtz metal pieces (almost new packages) and grungeboard album, FAMILY chipboard album by Bo Bunny, Autumn Leaves papers and chipboard pieces, flowers, pop dots and more! Anyone heard of Pearl Ex pigments? Yeah...got some...not sure what to do with it. haha! I spent over an hour looking through this gals stuff and chit-chatting with her! She was SUPER sweet! My total for the day was only...are you ready for it....are you sure?...$20! I am one lucky duck!

Now off to put my goodies away and scrap! I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

4 comments:

A Sarasota said...

love your 2-pager, and what a great haul!

Karen said...

You did great with your new goodies! And of course you know I love your layout :-) That paper would still be sitting in my stash! lol

Mel said...

Kayla I love your LO and I cannot believe how long Maddy's hair has gotten:) She is growing up soooo fast!

Rita Barakat said...

WOW girl looks like you scored!!! I cant imagine anyone giving up scrapbooking!!! I love what you did with those papers -that layout is way cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails