I can't believe my precious beautiful baby girl is 2! 2 people....she's 2! We decided to celebrate her birthday on Sunday. We had it at Charlie's, our local FAVORITE place to go out! There were oh so kind to open up early for us! :-) This way we didn't have to worry about the kids bothering other customers and could spread out! Maddy liked her cake and was quite content feeding herself for quite a while! She didn't dig into with her fingers either!Of course, I was so busy I forgot to take pictures. Next year I WILL ask someone else too, I WILL. Although I say that every year and ALWAYS forget.
Maddy LOVED opening her gifts and was quite entertaining to watch. She enjoyed opening the cards and reading the, although half of them were upside down and we had no clue what she said. But she did open them, jabber something then hand it to me!
Here are a few things about Maddy right now that I want to remember:
- Has the cutest run ever! She shakes her hips and her short little legs go as fast as she can make them go. Her curls bouncy too!
- Has the most beautiful curls, I sure hope her hair stays this curly forever!
- She can sing bits of her ABC's, but often combines it with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Is full of life....and mischief! She has so much personality and is constantly making us laugh.
- Still loves her crib, which makes this momma SUPER happy! :-)
- Says 'scuse you' when she really means 'excuse me'. That can lead to embarrassing situations in public. haha!
- If someone yells 'ouch' or is crying she'll take her night night (her blanky) and put it on them saying 'you okay?'.
- Is very attached to her night-night (her blanket my mom got while she was in the NICU) and her Kitty (a dolphin we bought for her over the summer at the coast). We don't go anywhere without Kitty.
- She LOVES to put on her shoes and hats. She often chooses her ruby red sparkling Dorothy slipper shoes.
- Is already sassing, and I mean all out sassing. She definitely gives you her two cents worth when she has an opinion. Just last night I heard her yell 'NO, don't do dat' in her sleep. lol... She'll stamp her foot and yell 'NO WAY' and then get a mischievous smile on her face. Another favorite saying is 'DON'T DO DAT'!
- Is a little momma/caregiver. If Chris lays on the couch, she'll go get her night night and kitty and lay them on him. If you give her a wipee she will go clean something. :-)
We stayed the whole weekend at my parents house as Saturday was my Grandpas Memorial Service. As I was stripping the bed to wash the sheets, I noticed my mom's little antique desk. I have been wanting to get a nice photo shoot for Maddy, but just can't justify the expense of it. Ya know, the really cutsie photos, the ones that look like pictures you'd see in books or magazines. It was too cold to go outside, but I am trying to come up with a spot to put the cute antique desk and get some photos of her.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon...