Monday, December 13, 2010

My Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Cards

I hope I haven't already posted these. If I have, sorry. I didn't take the time to go back and look. Birds of a Feather had a crop the first weekend of December. One challenge was to take one of the three sketches and make a set of three cards, each one being different. The sketch I chose was from Page Maps.
My Brother-In-Law had given me this beautiful Little Yellow Bicycle line last year for Christmas. How cool is that? He went to Archivers and found something for me knowing I love to scrapbook! :-)
I made two of the flowers, the other one was made by the fabulous Patti! She ROCKS! She is so super sweet and sent me a few flowers and a bunch of felt to make some! My friends are the best! :-) Thank you Patti! Oh, and make sure and check out her video tutorial on how to make them here.

I wanted to make these cards for a few special people who I have really appreciated their support over the last year.

On another note, I won't be posting for a while. My grandfather passed away yesterday. He was my last biological Grandparent. :-( He was a great man and I am really going to miss him. I have so much going on this next week and so much that needs to get done that I'm going to put my blog on the back burner for a few days. I have a handful of items I'm working on as gifts that I can't share now anyways.

Thank you to all of you who stop by! I truly appreciate you taking the time to look at and read my blog!

7 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Gorgeous cards, Kayla! What an awesome BIL you have:0

patti west said...

Your BIL is a gem, Kay. So sorry to hear about your dear grandfather. I hope that all of the fond memories you have of him will help to comfort you during this difficult time. So sad that it happened at Christmas!! I'll be thinking of you. {{hugs!}}

p.s. your cards are totally cute! love those felt flowers!!! :)

Mel said...

Oh Kayla...so sorry about your Grandfather. (((HUGS))))

Karen said...

That is one great BIL! Can I have him? lol ;)

You know I'm so sad about your loss, I'm here to chat if you need me {{hugs}}

Suzanne said...

Oh, Kayla, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. :-( Sending lots of hugs! I've enjoyed catching up with your projects, they're all great, as usual.

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. It is so hard to lose that last grandparent. Thoughts and hugs are with you!

Rita Barakat said...

Oh girl so sorry for your loss ((hugs)). Your work just keeps getting better and better! These are gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails