Monday, September 20, 2010

New Challenge Blog Layout

In my blog hopping I came across a new blog called The Paper Variety. They posted their first challenge, a sketch! Up for grabs to one random lucky scrapper is none other than a faboo kit from Paper Poppy Kit Company! Yeppers... the challenge moved to the TOP of my list! :-) If you want to enter, head on over to The Paper Variety real quick as the challenge ends tomorrow (Tuesday).

So here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it (the colors don't look as off in real life as they do on here):
Guess what line I used? Yep, Pixie-Licious from Cosmo Cricket of course! It went with her outfit so darn well how could I resist?
I did some distressing. Even distressed the photo! I also did some doodling cause my sewing machine is broken and I'm too darn lazy to do it all by hand! For the title I wanted large chipboard alphas. So I found some in my stash and inked them. It didn't look right so I painted them. Still didn't look right, so I doodled on them. Still doesn't look like I'd want it too but I was running out of patience!

So check back soon! I have a faboo on-line store to tell you about!

13 comments:

Suzy said...

HOW CUTE! This layout is as adorable as your little girl. Love the faux stitched title :) Good luck and thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

Karen said...

cute, cute! I'm working on a CC layout RIGHT now :)

Abby Beard said...

This is sooooo cute!! Such an adorable page! thanks so much for joining our challenge :)

Sarah Lou said...

Far to cute here!!!!! Love the take on the sketch - love the soft colour scheme. its just perfect!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Awww your little one is adorable. Love that Cosmo Cricket:) Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Variety.

ellen s. said...

oooh i love this!!!! love that sweetie pie little face :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Holy moly Kayla, this is CUTE!! That paper is perfect with your sweetheart's outfit! Love this!

Tere Azua said...

Wow! this is sooooo cute!!!
I lvoe the colors, the title, I love everything!!!

A Sarasota said...

Love your photos, and Pixielicious truly is perfect for her! She looks great in those colors!!! Adorable page, great sketch.

April said...

This is SO cute!! Your papers are perfect for your adorable picture. :) Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!
- April

Basement Stamper said...

Oh that is such a sweet scrapbook page-adorable!

Jill Sarginson said...

Great take on that sketch and thanks for sharing the link to The Paper Variety - I'm off to check it out!

lisaplus6 said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! This is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!! tahks for joining in over at TPV :) you did a wonderful job!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails