Here are the instructions to the Stink Ball, which I guess according to the instruction sheet is really called a Farmer's Dirt Baby.
- 1 knee high stocking hose
- 1 TBS of seed (annual ryegrass or other seed)
- 2 (8) oz cups of potting soil
- decorations of felt or pipe cleaners and wiggle eyes
- scissors and hot glue gun
- Open the knee-high hose and roll it down
- Put the seed in the toe of the hose (which is the head)
- Put the potting soil on top of the seed and pack the soil by shaking down the hose (you will have a ball now) and then tie a knot close to the ball of the hose. Leave 6-7 inches of your hose for the wick, and cut off the rest of the hose. Now decorate your baby.
Care of the Dirt Baby: You need to put the baby in a clear container or glass that is small enough at the mouth of the container so the base of the baby's head can sit upon the rim. Fill the container with water just to the base of the baby's head. Keep the container full of water to feed the baby. In 3-7 days the baby will sprout hair. In two weeks the baby will have lots of hair, and may need its first hair cut. As long as the baby is fed plenty of water it will keep growing if the hair is trimmed. Enjoy your dirt baby, and remember that all babies need a name by the time they have hair.