Friday, June 5, 2009

Heck of a storm!

Man did we have one heck of a storm blow through yesterday! Chris called up and told me about how bad it was in Prineville. Well, it didn't take long for it to hit in Madras. He had hail coming down so hard that I was afraid a window would break. Our bbq and propane tank that were up against the house started to blow away. I grabbed the propane bottle first...how scary would that be to see a propane bottle come rolling towards you? Our swingset took a nasty twist and blew over too. I was so drenched from grabbing the propane bottle and pushing the bbq in the flower bed that I had to change my pants. And no...it wasn't cause I got


scared and wet them...lol...it is because it was all out raining like mad!

This is the view out our front door. The hail looked like it was dancing down the road. I have never seen our downspouts spray water like they were.

Here is a view of all the hail that built up on the backside of the house.

Chris was able to tip the swingset back up and thought it was okay...I'm not going to be the first one to test it though. Other than a downed juniper tree branch that was the worst of it for us. Some neighbors had worse damage (nice horse fence down, shed collapse, etc).

I don't have any new projects to show just yet. I am working on a fun star album that I am going to donate for our local Relay For Life silent auction. I'm not going to be able to make it this year to support them so thought I would try to make something. I may end up making something else in addition or in placement of the star album, we'll see.

I'll be back tomorrow to post about our fun evening out we had last night!

1 comment:

Terri said...

WOW! That was some storm!! So glad everyone was safe!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails