Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Pics

Hello! Thought I'd share some more pictures! I realized I need to get a few more of Maddy today as I don't have but a couple since she's moved out of her temperature regulating bed (they call them a Giraffe). The first picture is of her sunbathing, she had a bit of jaundice and spent 2 days under the lights.Chris and I have quite the routine down. He takes her temp, I change her diaper, he weighs her, I nurse, he bottle feeds if she needs more food! Works out great and I think the nurses like that we tend to fend for ourselves and do our thing. The nurses have been great about letting us do as much as we want. Although we both are still chickens and nervous about bathing her.
She was moved to her open bed yesterday! She a cute little outfit on now and swaddled up. She also has a cute little hat. I went through a couple outfits and swaddling blankets during the first diaper changes as she kept going potty and poo while I had her diaper off. Guess I was a slow learner and it took me three times before I realized I need to put a clean diaper under the one I'm taking off!

Flowers....I just LOVE fresh flower arrangements and wish I could spray them and keep them that way for months. Here are a couple arrangements we have received. I received a really pretty one last night with lillies (my favorite) that I haven't gotten a picture of. It makes our room feel more homey and smells so good! Thank you to those who gave me flowers!
I had better go grab a bite to eat before the next feeding! We'll keep you posted on how things are going. We are pretty much waiting on Maddy to eat well enough to be able to come home. She is holding her own temp well which is one thing that she needed to do before she was able to come home. Now she just needs to keep eating well and big enough meals! We don't have an estimate of when we will be home, but I am getting quite home sick and hope it is soon! I miss being able to spend quality time with my little man.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Kayla, Madeline is so precious! BTW - I tagged you on my blog if you get a chance to play along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails