Monday, March 26, 2012

Has anyone else out there gotten into couponing? I'm not talking the tv style, hoarding, buying 100 of the same item cause you got it for pennies sorta couponing. I'm talking about looking for good deals and buying items you know you will use in the next 6 months. Well I have! A friend and I took our first big shopping trip last Friday night. We live in a itty bitty town with very little shopping. Rite-Aid and a local grocery stores are the only one that have rewards program or double coupons.
Going with a friend is so much more fun! We were able to pitch in together to get better deals. Plus, two sets of eyes are better than one when it comes to spotting deals and making sure it rings up right.
So what did I get? This is what I came home with:
Any guesses on how much it cost? Here is the run down of items:
3 loaves of the fancy bread
3 boxes Capri Suns
2 boxes Cheezits
1 box Triscuits
1 box Wheat Thins
2 gallon jugs of Lipton Ice Tea
1 liter of Pepsi
6 pack of Snapple
2 half gallons of milk
2 v-8 Splash juices
Go Lean Crunch Cereal
4 bottles Suave body wash
2 containers Clorox wipes
5 apples
1 mini watermelon
3 jars Pace Salsa
2 packages Ballpark Angus hotdogs
1 Hormel Half ham
4 Big cup o Noodles
2 bags shredded cheese
5 lb bag of sugar
3 containers Noodle thing (its really good, Yakisobi or something like that)
2 tubes Nestle Choc. Chip Cookie Dough
2 bags Safeway Granola
$78.93! I estimated us saving 56%. Not bad for beginners. And not bad for buying a handful of things that weren't killer deals but that I needed. The grand total for the night was $357.15 in food and products, but we only paid $157.99!
It was a lot of fun. I won't lie, it does take time. But it is worth it once you start seeing the savings.
Thanks for stopping by! My time lately has been consumed by sick kiddos and getting sick myself! I'm hoping we are done with the bugs for a while and life can get back to normal so I can get back to my crafting and scrapbooking!

3 comments:

~jan said...

Sorry to hear you guys have been sick! :( Feel better! Love seeing your savings-I really should start doing this!

Izzy Anderson said...

I'm not a ccouponer. No time! But that's a great haul. :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

You did really well! I have done this in the past and I just bought things that I would normally buy and saved a lot. I should really get back to it, but it is work to find the deals sometimes! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails