Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Snow and Weekend

Hello all! It has been a while! I can't believe how busy I have been. It is crazy how much extra time sick kiddos take. And then there is the the time it takes to catch up after being sick yourself. I am struggling to figure out how to make time for myself these days. :-(

I completed this layout a while back. I think I used a sketch, but cannot remember. I am attempting to use up my stash. More by force than choice. Haha! But it is all good. I pulled out some fun Cosmo Cricket and created this layout. :-)
With my limited crafty scrappy time I decided to group all the winters snow pictures together for one two page layout.
A close up of the left side. I picked up the fun felt snowflake by Stampin Up at a garage sale for cheap cheap.
And the right side.

Last week was the kids spring break. We decided to go camping the tail end of the week. Some of our friends that had two little girls around the age of ours came with us. We took off, only to learn that the roads we camp off of do not open til May! We like to camp off in the nearby mountains. No pavement, no 'official' spots, just good ole dirt and trees! We ended up camping in a 'parking lot' for better terms. It was a graveled parking area near a camp ground and hiking trail. It rained at least 50% of the time we were out camping! And it was pretty darn cool. We were all in snow pants or insulated overalls all weekend.
There was a creek nearby. The kids had a blast throwing rocks in t. By the second night, the water was well above where they were standing in the picture due to all the rain that we were getting.
Maddy got a little tuckered out! I opened the door to check on her and this is what I found! She fell asleep around 6 and didn't wake up til 7:30 the next morning!
Apparently the fresh air and fun wore her out two nights in a row!
So what do you do when it rains a lot? You hang out under the awnings and blow bubbles.
When it stops raining you take advantage and go for a hike. Unfortunately the hiking trail we wanted was quite a ways down this road that just so happened to be closed. But we had fun hiking up that road.

We also walked past the closed gate to a campground. This is a shot from one of the camp spots.
Our friends brought a 4-wheeler Chris was able to take the kids out for a ride. They had a blast! The photo looks photo shopped but isn't. I am still struggling with my little point and shoot trying to figure out how to get it to work right. Add ImageAnd the final day. We decided to pack up a day early and head in. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo, but it started to snow. We'd had 3 days of fun and were ready to head home and have a little extra time to unpack, clean and relax.

I'd love to say that I have more to share, but sadly, I don't. I'm not sure when I will get to scrap again. :-( Thanks for coming by and please do check back!

3 comments:

Rita Barakat said...

Great photos - especially the one with Maddy and the drink! LOL! Love the lo - nice design!

Mel said...

Fantastic pics. I agree with Rita...Sleeping Maddy is my fav. Her hair is sooooo long now. HOpe you have a great week and get all caught up. I know the feeling about making time for yourself:)

Izzy Anderson said...

Super cute pics and great layout too. What s great trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails