Monday, April 9, 2012

Pretend Make-Up

Hello all! I don't know what happened, but I all of a sudden have NO crafty time! Its a sad sad thing, or at least I think it is. I feel like I haven't scrapped in months! That means not much to share! I also haven't taken pictures hardly at all! I get frustrated with my camera and put it away for long periods of time.

Last week we were invited to a birthday party. Unfortunately, we didn't end up making it to the adorable little girls birthday, but I did make a gift for her. Since it was small enough, I used scrapbook paper to wrap it up real pretty.
I used a Fiskars edge punch to make the ribbon that wrapped around it and cut a flower with my Cricut using the Flower Shoppe cartridge. I just love that cartridge!
This is what is underneath the paper. Make up! Make up for a 4 year old! :-0 What? Am I crazy? I'm sure the mom thought I was when I asked her if it was okay if I made her daughter pretend make up for her daughters birthday.
No worries though....this make 100% pretend. The inside is hard and won't rub off. Want to know the trick? My friend Karen gave me the heads up about this pretend make up and I knew instantly Maddy would love it so gave it a try. I cleaned out a cosmetic case. Okay, truth be told, I don't wear much make up. I tossed out my first ever eye shadows from 15 years ago about a year ago! :-0 And they were over three quarters full! Anyhow...I went to the dollar tree and picked up a eye shadow case. I scraped out the powder and washed it out real well and let it dry. I then took nail polish and filled the little sections til they were full and let them harden a few days. That's it! Easy peasy and Maddy LOVES hers!
While cleaning up today I found a few layouts! I think they are from January...but hey, its something new to share. So check back soon! I'm working on Peyton's birthday right now. But I hope to find time to edit the photos of the layouts to share with y'all!

5 comments:

Heather Landry said...

That is an amazing idea!!! I bet that she absolutely loved it.

Izzy Anderson said...

This is genius!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awwwwww! Such an adorable little gift! I love it and I bet she did, too! And you wrapped it beautifully! I have missed seeing your wonderful layouts, my friend, and hope you get some time to scrap soon!!!!!

Brie @ Darling Doodles said...

That is such an amazing idea, I never would have thought of it! I will definitely have to remember it for future reference. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Brie

Rita Barakat said...

Fabulous idea!!! Now wonder Maddie loves it! The wrapping came out beautifully!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails