Hello! I posted this Kindle cover I made in the last post. I wanted to link it up to The Weekend Wrap Up Party over at Tatertots & Jello. Instead of editing the last post, I decided to repost.
Here it is:
I live in a small town. The shopping is very limited. I often have to get creative when working on projects. This is one of those projects. I saw a tutorial on making your own Kindle cover, but lacked access to the supplies it required. So I got creative and did my own thing! I found a hardback book at the thrift store as well as some felt like batting. I happened to have some beautiful Cosmo Cricket fabric already on hand.First I cut the pages out of the book. I then hot glued the batting to the cover, followed by the yellow fabric. I cut a piece of chipboard to fit inside and covered it with fabric also.
Before hot gluing it to the book, I punched holes using my Big Bite and put eyelets in those holes. I strung some elastic through those holes to create the straps that hold the Kindle in place. I found the elastic at a garage sale over the summer.
I then hot glued the inside of the Kindle cover to the outside.
I wanted to make some sort of closure for it. So I grabbed one of my daughters hairbands and sewed it onto the back. I found a couple buttons and sewed them on the front to give the band something to wrap around.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!