Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cosmo Cricket Card Sketch

As most of you know by now, I'm a HUGE Cosmo Cricket fan. I mean HUGE! LOVE the company and LOVE their product. DT member Natasja posted a card sketch on the Cosmo Cricket Blog Saturday. Card's Magazine will be picking their favorite and publishing it!

I loved the sketch and wanted to play along, here is my take on the sketch using the Togetherness line and some TinyTypes:
I stitched around the large yellow piece and inked its edges. I also did the faux paper pleating. I just can't get enough of sewing and pleating!
I fussy cut a tag shape out of the strips sheet for the sentiment.
I cut a strip from the bottom of the clear tiny type sheet to create the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Kayla, the card is FANTASTIC! I love all the details :)

~jan said...

What an adorable card, Kayla! YOu always rock the CC, but this is exceptional, my friend! That paper pleat has me squealing with glee just a bit. *laugh*

gottaluvboyz said...

How adorable!!! BTW, I also just saw your satin flowers on your previous post...LOVE em!!!

janet said...

Hi Kayla! Love this card. The yellow and blue are so pretty. Great work!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so, so sweet, Kayla! LOVE the way you've pleated your papers and framed your focal point!

Jill Sarginson said...

great take on the this kayla - GOOD LUCK!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails