Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our 4th of July

This is a picture heavy post, just as a warning!

I started off my 4th of July going to a book sale at the library! I just LOVE those things! Nothing like walking out with 2 books for and 4 for the kiddos for $3! I went home and we got the kids ready, loaded them up and headed for the park.
Getting both kiddos looking at me was a joke....
They had two big bouncy houses and Peyton had a blast!
One had these horses, a rock wall and a big slide!
They had a bunch of little games set up for the kids. Maddy thought the ducks were pretty fun! I actually did her hair ! Are you proud of me? I am! haha!
They also had games for the adults. Chris participated in the bouncy horse game! He is pretty impressed with himself in how high he was bouncing! lol....They had to bounce backwards at one point and Chris got bucked off! Lol...
We headed home in the afternoon so we could start the bbq. We had ribs and man, did Chris ever do a fantastic job on them! Maddy went down for a nap right before we ate (6:30) and didn't wake up til 7am the next morning! Chris and I tried to wake her up so she could see fireworks...but it was a no-go!
Pop-its...anyone else have fond memories of these? The fireworks stand gal talked Chris into a box of them (that would be 20 packages!). Peyton had a blast (no pun intended). Even Chris and I had fun with them.
Yep, I was the target at one point! lol...
Some friends stopped by and they had some sparklers and fireworks. We put the patio chairs on the sidewalk and lit off all the fireworks. They finished just in time for the city fireworks which we were able to view from our front yard! Yep, it was a great day!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great pics! LOL at Chris, and yes! look at Maddy's hair! Give that girl a WOOT! :-D

Rita Barakat said...

Looks like you had a blast! Glad you had a good time!

gottaluvboyz said...

Looks like you enjoyed a great weekend! LOL at Chris...too funny:) Look at you doing Maddy's hair...you go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails