Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Underwater Sea Garden Layout using Imaginisce

Today I have a new layout to share with you! I follow the very talented Aphra Bolyer's blog. A few days ago she posted a super cute sketch I just knew I wanted to use. You can see her sketch here. The Paper Variety posted this weeks challenge yesterday. It was to create a paper project with a nautical/ocean theme! What perfect timing! :-)
The pictures are from our trip to the Oregon coast last year. We took the kids to the Underwater Sea Garden. It is a ship that is set in place, turned into an aquarium. The kids were not sure what to think when we walked down in to the bottom of the boat where all the fish were. I have to admit, it was kinda eerie, dark and damp.
I loved all the embllies I could mix together. Here are a few chipboard pieces and layered journaling spot.
I took a photo of the sign on the way into the Underwater Sea Gardens. I fussy cut it for a title.
I saw this idea on the Jillibean Soup blog on a card made by Julie Bonner and knew I wanted to lift it.

We've been really busy here. Last week Peyton got his first black eye! I felt so bad for him. His friend accidentally hit him with a bat! This is AFTER the swelling went down! It was perfect timing too, as his school pictures were the very next day! :-0
Luckily, the colors didn't show up until after the pictures!
Of course, the little miss had to have her picture taken too!
Sunday my mom and I took the kids to a cute little pumpkin patch.
This was their first year I let them pick out their own pumpkin! They had A BLAST!
The gal running it had a really cute display and set up!
Once again, they melt my heart. I heard Maddy ask Buddy if she could hold his hand. How sweet are they? Now if only they could be that way ALL the time! A mama can dream right?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Great page Kayla! Love that Splash Dance collection :) Thanks for sharing this week at The Paper Variety!
-Suzanne

Karen said...

That is a cute LO! I like that you used the sign as an embellishment. Off to check out the sketch :)

That pumpkin patch looks GREAT! I am so jealous of your cooler weather...

Jamilie said...

OMG how adorable is that!!!?????? So sorry to hear about Peyton's black eye!!!! LOVE the patch photo's!!

~jan said...

What a wonderful layout, Kayla! Love the little details on it! Cute fall ohotos of the kiddos!

Mel said...

I love that LO Kayla. That line of papers is one of my favorites:) Poor Peyton. Isn't that always the way. Everything bad always happens right before picture day. Hope he is feeling better now.

patti west said...

love the lo, love the design, love the pics (!!). :) :)

Sandi said...

Awesome layout Kayla....Splash Dance is one of my favorite collections from Imaginisce and I LOVE how you used it. Thank you so much for joining us every week at The Paper Variety

Nicole Doiron said...

Great layout! Makes me wish for Summer to come back FAST! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails