Thursday, February 17, 2011

Paper Variety Card Sketch Challenge

I knew I wanted to play along with the Paper Variety's challenge this week once I saw the card sketch! I've had so much fun doing the challenges on this blog and its been a while since I played along so I was excited to get a chance too this week.
This is my take on the sketch. I used a little scrap of Kaiser Craft paper that I just couldn't throw away. I LOVE this line. Sadly though, *sniff sniff* its almost gone. :-(
Here is my close up! My super talented friend Patti, who is also on the Paper Variety DT, stitched on her card. It inspired me to sew on mine! The purple flower matches a lot better in real life.

My mom bought this really cool cardboard house that has the images outlined on it (like a fence, door, shutters, dog, etc.). She sent it over to my Mother-in-laws while we were gone for the kids to play with. My MIL brought it to our house. The kids have had LOTS of fun coloring it and playing in it. And coloring other things.....
And a little closer in case you missed the nose, the cheek, the eyebrow, the forehead. lol...
I also discovered a circle on her stomach. I'm thinking that she probably had assistance with that marking! haha!

7 comments:

lisaplus6 said...

oh no!! we have a "sharpie queen" here...lol! your card is simply wonderful!! i am so glad you played along with us at The Paper Variety!!

Mara Campbell said...

I love the card and the quilt design. Very pretty with the purple. And LOL about the sharpie!!!

Suzanne said...

LOL! I always love seeing the fun antics your kiddos are up to. :-D Great card, very pretty!

~jan said...

Too funny-love Little Miss with her "pretty" face! ;) Love your take on the sketch-that purple and white checkerboard made me *swoon*. Good job with the sewing too!

Suzy Nurmainy said...

Wow love the quilt pattern! great take on the sketch! thanks for playing along with us at TPV.

patti west said...

Way to rock the stitching, Kay!! This card is wicked pretty - love the textures too. That Maddy -- her expressions are too funny! :)

Misty said...

I too love the quilted look. Very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails