Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paper Poppy Kit Co. August Sketch

The August Sketch Challenge had been posted at Paper Poppy Kit Co. I had a lot of fun creating this layout using the June Paper Poppy kit.


My sister-in-law took this picture at a get-together at the beginning of summer. I thought it was so so so cute! This is the Little Miss and her great grandparents.

I looked for a neat quote and found this one. Grandparents are the footsteps to the future generations. I thought it just perfect and had a great key word for a title for this photo.
The Adornit alpha stickers are the only thing not from the kit. I outlined the flowers to make them stand out a little more. The layout is missing something but I can't think of what else to do. I'm happy with how it looks, but still feel like I could add something. So I'm calling it good for now. :-)
I have been super busy the past 7 days. I have totally neglected my blog. I have a few layouts and a ton of pictures to share so I hope you'll stop back by soon!

8 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Great LO, Kayla! That photo is priceless and the quote is PERFECT!!! I'm hoping to get a LO done with the sketch soon.

Rita Barakat said...

Adorable lo Kayla!

sarah said...

i love this just the way it is! cute kit stuff! :)

and yes, grandparents are crucial.

hope you have a fabulous day.

hugs,
sarah.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

LOVE this! It's not missing a thing!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Gosh that's a sweet photo, Kayla! LOVE what you did with the sketch and the June kit. And thanks for playing along with us again. :D

Karen said...

I don't think it's missing a thing! Looks great, I especially love how bright the colors are on that black background.

Glynis said...

What a great photo!! Love all the bright colours,it perfectly frames that fabulous shot :O)

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh, Kayla, I love this! Great title, and that photo is precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails