Sunday, May 23, 2010

Landscaping

Chris took off Friday morning to get our first load of sod. We thought the trailer could handle three pallets, but as it turned out it could only handle two. When we bought my truck it came with a rack system thing in the back. We also have a toolbox in the back and because of those we weren't able to put a load in the bed of the truck. So, Chris dropped of the trailer, popped the toolbox out and went for the third pallet.

Peyton was SO excited he instantly started playing on the pieces we were laying.
So here is the before....
And here it is after...
I carved a little area out where we are going to build it up and plant a tree and some flowers. I also plan on laying some pavers and building up a little flower bed in front of the front porch.
Chris got the front and side done on Friday and then took off Saturday morning for the final two pallets of sod and finished up the side and back yards.

Here is the backyard before...
And after...
Before...
And after....
Its hard to see, but in the back corner we have a 3 tiered water fountain. We plan on planting some flowers around that area too.
It went a lot quicker than I had thought. I helped a tiny bit in the front, but because of Miss Maddy wasn't able to help much. There is still so much left to do. It will be a slower process thats for sure. We haven't decided for sure whether we are doing pea gravel or bark dust. I like the looks of bark dust and thats what all the neighbors have, but I DON'T like the maintenance of it and the yearly expense of it to keep it looking fresh.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Looks GREAT!

Glynis said...

What a beautiful home you have. The yard looks great! Will have to post pics of the finished gardens :O)

Noelle Reese said...

I think it looks great!! :-)
Yardwork is lots of labor LOL

Hannie C said...

what a beautiful house you have.
I've been thinking to do that in my yard, but have been putting forward since we moved-in in January! 'cos I need to plan where I'll plant my flowers or crops :D
Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

Whoa, those are amazing before and after photos! Looks great!

gottaluvboyz said...

Kayla, you and Chris have done an extraordinary job! Looks awesome:)

Kristie said...

AWESOME photos!!! Your house is beautiful and the lawn is fabulous. Love those areas you have for flowers. Well done. Plant a rose for me, they just don't grow here like they do there. I had 90 rosebushes in my yard when we lived in Oregon. All were beautiful too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails