Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mini Album or card? You decide!

Hello all! I can't believe how much of a slacker I have been this summer posting! I think I have been gone more than I have been home!

Last week was my Dad's, Chris's and my Grandmother-in-law's birthday! I wanted to do make something for my Grandmother-in-law but wasn't quite sure what to do. After some thinking, this is what I came up with:
Is it a card or a mini? I can't decide what to call it. haha! This is a Daisy D's Cd Mini Book. Or so that is what the package said. I made the flower on the front. I glued some yarn on a punched circle, then layered it on a piece of burlapy type material. I then took some Jenni Bowlin Crepe Paper Ribbon and gathered it a bit as I glued it the burlap.
When you open it up, you have a pocket on the left and the right side is flap that can be opened. There are three tabbed pieces too. I opted to put them in the pocket.
Here it is with the flap open.
And some of the tabbed pages....
I changed my photos to sepia as the colors just clashed big time if I didn't.

What do we do when we actually get a day at home?
Why dress up of course.
And go shopping! For some reason they call the laundry basket a shopping cart and like to push each other around in it. Maddy struggles pushing Peyton, but still tries!
Pardon the top missing. :-S She tends to have a mind of her own these days and when we are home its just not worth a fight!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rita Barakat said...

Oh wow Kayla - this is a really cute project! I think it's a mini album! But hey thats just my opinion! Looks like the kids are having a greta time!

gottaluvboyz said...

So cute, Kayla!!! I would say it's a mini, but what do I know. LOL Cute pics of the kiddos....looks like they are enjoying themselves!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails