Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's the Little Things - Birds of A Feather March Kit

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a busy and very fun weekend! Before I get to my weekend, I want to get to a layout I created using the March Birds of a Feather Kit and Add-ons.

First off you may laugh at the pictures. I found this little blow up baby bath in the garage. I didn't want to deal with filling up the kids bigger pool so I pulled out this little one. They had a blast! The neighbors thought it quiet humorous and entertaining too! Notice the bath isn't even big enough for Peyton to sit in! haha!
I did TONS of fussy cutting! But I felt the affect was worth it! I also pleated and sewed the brown circle! I'm totally addicted to pleats and sewing at the moment. Can ya tell? ;-) I couldn't find a color for the title I was liking, so I inked the white thickers with Colorbox Prussian blue. I still didn't like the color so went over it with Colorbox Ice Jade.
More fussy cutting to create the clouds and sun! I wanted them to stand out more so I outlined them.

The journaling reads: Its the little things like a baby pool (baby bath) and pool toys (plastic cups). The kit is SO much fun and PACKED full of goodies!

Products used from March Birds of a Feather Kit & Add-ons:
My Little Shoe Box Home Tweet Home Bird House, Birds of a Feather, A Place to Nest Paper, Sticker and Journaling Die Cut, Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock, Basic Grey Buttons
My Stash:
American Crafts Thickers, ADORNit Alphas, Unknown Thread and Brown paper scrap

Now on to my weekend! :-) My brother in law and soon to be sister in law came down Friday night to work on their wedding invitations and party favors! I LOVE how they came out! I forgot to get a picture of one, but DID get a handful of fun pictures from the weekend. This one was taken by my soon to be sister in law on her cell phone. Maddy was ATTACHED to her Uncle Adam. Every time I turned around he was holding her! It was so darn cute!
Yep she LOVES her Uncle Adam!

We had a blast and were able to knock out the invites and party favors! I was quite impressed with the men and their help!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Fantastic layout! Clever title, those pics crack me up. :-D

Glynis said...

Cute layout! Love the little row of daisies :O)

gottaluvboyz said...

GREAT LO, Kayla!!! I love all the fussy cutting and that pleat is just great:) Have a great day!

She's a Color Queen said...

Oh Kayla, this is simply adorable!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails