Monday, March 28, 2011

The Great Outdoors Layout using October Afternoon Campfire Line

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I was able to finish up this layout at the end of last week. My long lost twin, Karen, won this super duper cute Campfire October Afternoon line of of Julie Bonner's blog (or at least I think it was Julie's blog). She knew it would be perfect for me and being as sweet as she is, had it sent to me! :-0 I have the BEST EVER scrappy friends I tell ya!
A while back I won a fabulous Sketches for Scrapbooking Volume 7 from Allison Davis's site, Sketch Support. If you haven't checked out her site yet, your missing out! They have one incredible design team and fabulous sketches (2 pagers, 1 pagers, cards and more!).
I used a sketch from the book for this layout!
Again, I'm going to back to using more photos on a two pager. Haha, I just noticed one of my little words has moved in the journaling spot! I better go check that its still there!

The journaling goes a little something like this: This is my favorite camp spot. It is only about 15-20 minutes from our house. There is an old Ranger Station, a outhouse (still shocked that an outhouse would have two seats in it!!!) and a little creek that ran near it. Peyton is getting old enough he now gets to help by dragging wood/kindling for the campfire. Maddy wanted to do whatever Peyton did. Both LOVED going down to the creek and roasting marshmallows. The picture of the calf, well, it apparently wanted to race us. The rest of it friends wandered off down the hill. But not him, he kept running up the hill! It was pretty funny!

Last week, one evening, the sun decided to come out for a bit. So we took off for a little walk and took the kids to the creek. It is so full right now, actually loud enough too that we can hear it from our house at night if we are outside.
Of course it wouldn't be going to the creek if we didn't throw rock after rock after rock in the creek.
The kiddos searching for rocks. I thought I should take my lawn chair down there next time. The kids could play for HOURS and it would be a nice break. Although I think I'd have to tie a rope around Maddy to myself as she has no fear!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

A Sarasota said...

love that 2-pager, what cute pp!!

Mara Campbell said...

I love your 2-pager, it's so great. Such fun fun photos, too!!! I love the pics of your kids throwing rocks. Whenever we are at the beach, rock throwing into the waves always occurs!!

ellen s. said...

oh i love that layout!!!! so great and i esp love all those cute critters...

how have you been??!?!?!?!?

~jan said...

That 2-pager is awesome! What a sweetie Karen is to know you would rock that line (and rock you most certainly did!). Love the photos of the kids by the creek. :)

Kristie said...

Those layouts are so cute but the photos...AWESOME!

Stacey said...

Cute layout!! I can't wait to go camping this year!

Cassie said...

This is fabulous!!! What a great layout! Don'tcha just LOVE October Afternoon Campfire!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails