Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hello all!  Long time, no see!  ;)  Life has kept me super busy and scrapping is out of the picture these days. I did sneak off with my mom for a weekend retreat at a nearby resort (laughing...as this place does not feel like a resort...but I do love it and it makes a great little getaway).  Here are a few layouts I made there as well as some I found hidden on my computer.

Most of these layouts are based off of sketches...most off of my Pinterest board.  

We took a weekend trip two years ago to Hood River to visit my brother and sister in-law.  These are pictures from that trip.  I think the paper is Basic Grey, the rub-on's are old and from my stash as is the chipboard corners I inked.  

I admit, I have used this sketch before...I think the layout is even below. It is such a great sketch.  The papers are MME.

WCMF stands for Willamette Country Music Festival.  SUCH a fun event!  I used my Simple Stories goodies on this one.  The swirl clip is holding the list of artists singing as well as a few other memorabilia.  

A super simple double page layout from Peyton's Kindergarten year.  I think this is a Carta Bella line.

We went  camping with some friends last summer.  It was so much fun!  I used a couple Echo Park scraps of papers and everything was bits and pieces from my stash.

My favorites camp spot....Mill Creek Camp.  Its a great little camp spot with no other campsite around it.  It wasn't too far from our old house.  I'm thinking papers and button were from October afternoon, maybe a piece of Cosmo Cricket in there.

Another super simpler double pager from Peyton's Kinder year.

This picture was taken two years ago at a Beavers VS Huskies game.  Chelle and I met on a scrapbook forum and chatted for a while.  We were lucky enough to meet at a college football game.  I *almost* didn't go due to weather and horrible bad roads.  Talking a 3 hour drive turned super long due to driving 25 MPH due to ice covered snowy mountain passes.  But I'm so glad I went and was able to meet up with Chelle!

Chris coached Peyton's t-ball team last year.  They were the River Cats.  I am embarrassed to admit that these paper are at least 4 years old!  :-0  If not more!  Yep, I'm working hard at using up my stash.

This layout is a sad lift of my super talented friend Karen.  I loved how she used three of the same photo.  Such a neat affect.  This is the same line as above...super old and not even sure the company is in business anymore.

This layout is tidbits from my hubbies family reunion.  How I love his family!  I look forward to the campout every.single.year!  Yes, yes I do.  We have so much fun!  I was horrible this year, capturing photos, but this year I hope to be better.

A double pager of the Jefferson County Fair.  We met up with my mom who brought my nephew and niece. The kids had a blast.  Pony rides, carnival rides, popsicles.  My pocket and my mom's pocket didn't have quite as much fun. ;)

 I just love these pictures of the kiddos.  I can vividly remember how excited Maddy would be when we went inside and waited to pick up Peyton.  Even the last month of school, she'd be super excited to see him. She also enjoyed watching him in gymnastics.

Walton Lake...one of our favorite places to camp and fish.  These pictures are really old.  Where does time go?

Back when I had my act together and was doing Project 12....June 2012 (my last month I think).

This picture cracked me up.   The looked so much alike.  From how they were laying to both having red tops and blue bottoms on.

Yes...I did use this sketch before and even on a layout in this same post!  :-0  But, I do love it, may even use it again!  haha!  I just love these pictures of Maddy.  She caught Chris napping on the couch and went to join him.  Kitty (her stuffed dolphin) and all!  
 I didn't put my finished layout away quick enough.  Maddy decided it needed a little more *umph* and took my scissors to it.


 I'm not sure if I have shared this layout yet or not, but it is of Peyton's first dentist appt.  The dentist printed out the x-rays for me.  I was so excited!   haha!


That is it for now and probably for a while!  Hope every has a wonderful summer!  

1 comment:

Mel said...

Amazing pages Kayla. I always love seeing pics of your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails