Thursday, April 4, 2013

What have I been up too?

Wow......been a while since I posted, huh?  Well, things got crazy on me and left me no extra time!  I started working in January. Only two days a week while Maddy was in school, but put in tons of hours at home.  I have really enjoyed it.  I was also very involved in Peyton's school and put in many hours of volunteer work there.  Maddy tagged along with me and was a good little helper and trooper for all the hours she spent there with me.  Often times I'd get home and she'd end up like this:
 Chris and I took Peyton to his first OHA (Oregon Hunters Association) Banquet.  It was a lot of  fun!  Peyton scored some fun prizes and we enjoyed a fun night out.
 We did some crafts.  The kids both made their Great Grandpa a birthday card.
 We went to Peyton's school dance.
 We met up with my niece, nephew and mom for lunch at a yummy restaurant that just re-opened.
 Maddy and I went to a 'Ag' day at Peyton's school.  So much fun!  Pedal tractor races, petting goats, playing with dirt and water, learning about animals and farms.
 Peyton had a science fair.  Maddy was a HUGE trooper at this one.  We were at the school for almost 4 hours while I monitored it!
 Maddy had her last day of Preschool.  She really enjoyed it and already misses her teachers and friends.
 We bought a house!  This is the kitchen.....
 The living room (the furniture is NOT ours, I repeat, NOT pink couches for me peeps....haha!)....
 Apparently I forgot to upload the outside views...maybe in another post.....

Peyton asked Maddy and I to go to one of his Run Club.  Every Friday they go out to the high school football track and run/walk around it for almost an hour.  Maddy LOVED it and Peyton was such a good big brother, always keeping an eye on her and staying right next to her.
 I ran Maddy ragged, between dragging her to my work and the school for volunteer work.
 We took one last walk to the creek to throw rocks into it.
 I had to get a picture of Peyton in the mornings.  Every morning Maddy and I walk him into the gym where all 400+ students sit in lines quietly!  They can read books, do flashcards, color, etc.  Peyton loved to go early and take his work-book to do.
 We were able to make it to Charlie's for our traditional green bombers on St. Patricks Day.
We got a puppy!  :-0  Yes, we got a puppy when we were homeless!  A HUGE thank you to my parents for being willing to allow this to happen.  She is a full bread Beagle and absolutely adorable.  She LOVES to climb up in the kids laps and snuggle and love on them.  She is my little baby and I regret getting rid of my front pack I used with the kids.  It would have come in handy with her.  She LOVES to be held and loved.  
 I have opted to home-school Peyton the last two months of school.  I found this cool old-school desk at a thrift shop for $10 and couldn't resist it.  Peyton really likes it too.  :)  Even being homeless we were able to get some school work done.

Sorry for the randomness.  Nothing is in order, but I'm super tired and didn't feel like organizing the photos. We sold our house and moved out 11 days ago!  We were supposed to only be out of a home for 3 days and it turned into 11!  :-0  I hadn't packed for that.  Lucky for us, we were staying at my parents.  I am very grateful to them for allowing us to bombard their home and interrupt their normal routine.  I am not off to bed.  Well, I'm still sick and coughing so I am retiring to the recliner!  haha!  

1 comment:

Carter Jurgensen said...

I like your relationship with your kids. They look so close with each other, but they fight a lot too, right? Hehe! That's usual with siblings, especially when they're of opposite sexes. Nevertheless, I know that your children make your life happy and interesting. :) Anyhow, your new house seems great. I hope you could share some pictures, so we can have an idea how it looks like. When are you planning to move in?

Carter Jurgensen


Related Posts with Thumbnails