Monday, October 24, 2011

September Project 12 and The Paper Variety layout

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I went to my first ever crop! I had A BLAST! I cannot wait to go to one again. I met some wonderful women, did a lot of scrapbooking and even enjoyed a live band with some dancing.

My first project was to complete my September Project 12 layout. I say this every time, but I just LOVE project 12! How cool to have a a WHOLE year documented in 12 double page layouts at the beginning of the following year? If you ask me, you can't beat that. Even better yet for me, Davinie has fantastic sketches each month, which really helps me get them done quicker.
My pictures had so many bold colors in it that I struggled choosing papers. I dug deep in my stash and pulled out this Fancy Pants About a Boy line. I have to admit, it is quite old but I just LOVE it!
A closer look at the left page.
And the right page.
I used to struggle with the die cuts that came with lines. I now enjoy inking and layering them.

I had so much fun with the little pocket. I ran it through my Cuddlebug with a polka dot embossing folder and then inked it up. I again inked and layered some die cuts. I wish I had taken my sewing machine so I could have done some stitching. But I only had so much room.

Our month in a recap: Chris and I took Peyton to his first game. He did REALLY well and enjoyed watching it. But it was HOT and we were up in the corner with the full sun on us in the peak of the day. Peyton and I took off at half time in search of a soda and toy! Chris spent quite a few evenings and weekends archery hunting. I smashed Peyton's fingers in the door on the way to meet his teacher. This led to a pretty rough meeting. Peyton started Kindergarten and LOVES it! He can't get out of the Tahoe fast enough to run into the gym. We were able to spend a few afternoons on the swingset before school started. The kids enjoyed helping Chris dig and pick veggies from the garden. Chris and I went to another Beaver's game and this time we stayed the night and had a blast tailgating.

Now onto my next layout. I have been enjoying playing along with the challenges over at The Paper Variety. I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE scrapping holidays, especially Halloween. I conquered TWO Halloween layouts this weekend. This one...I'm not liking at all. But its done and ready to go in a album.
I apologize for the date on the picture. I'm not liking the layout enough to think it worth the time to get another picture! haha!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Very nice layouts! I love the 2-pager, great colors.

Happy to hear you had fun at your scrap retreat!! It's so much fun to just get away and scrap.

Rachel said...

great layouts! love that project 12 one, and the pumpkin one is so cute! thanks for playing at TPV!

Jamilie said...

Love them Kay!! I LOVE those cosmo chip boards!! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety this week! ;-)

gottaluvboyz said...

So glad to hear you enjoyed your crop. I have never been to one, but hope to go. One day;) Great layouts...love that 2 pager!!

Hannah said...

Brilliant projects, a super double LO and I like your TPV LO, a great use of the recipe. Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic Project 12 Page!!! Love the colors! I've been doing P12 for 2 years now and I adore it!

And your TPV Halloween project is really cute!

Lynne said...

I love your page!! I love the papers you chose! We have a Peyton too - but she is a girl.

patti west said...

Kayla...you make scrapping Halloween look easy! I love, love, love the 2 pager using that FP line!! The colors are so fun and it turned out excellent!! :)

Davinie Fiero said...

Your little pocket is adorable and I love the texture of your cardstock choices and the use of hearts. Thank you for playing along!

Karen said...

Project 12 - OMGosh I'm so glad I waited to finish mine till I saw yours :) Love the inking on the photos, the pocket and how you matted the journaling piece. I think the papers were the perfect choice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails