Wednesday, August 24, 2011

July 2011's Project 12

I have been LOVING participating in Project 12. I think it is the neatest idea and one I will treasure for a long long time! My journaling struggles sometimes. I document events and wish I would be better documenting about the kids, the things they say and their personalities. Hopefully I can remember to do that in August.
I loved July's sketch! This Echo Park line jumped out to me when I was going through my papers.
July was such a busy month that journaling spot wasn't big enough! :-0 I drew a line around the edges of the kraft paper just to give it a more finished feel. This layout is very simple. I ran out of time and ran out of ideas on how to jazz it up.
Those little glass beads on the banner, or whatever they are, I found at my Grandpa's house while cleaning it after the estate sale. I thought they'd be perfect for scrapbooking!

In case your wondering about the journaling it went something like this: July started with the end of Em's summer visit. Followed by the 4th of July with a bbq at a friends house and watching the fireworks from the front lawn. Peyton had gymnastics twice a week (which he LOVED) and we also had the library summer reading program. The grandparents kept the kids for a weekend so Chris and I could attend the Customer Appreciation Concerts put on by his work. We had A BLAST seeing Dirt Drifters. My Uncle Dale passed away. We ended the month camping at Walton Lake (love that place) and attending a cousin significant others funeral and spending time with the family. We were on the run a lot. Anytime we knew we were going to be at my moms, she'd fill up the pool for them. They spent HOURS in this pool with a slide.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Great LO, Kayla!!!! I love the little banner w/ "bling"!

Mara Campbell said...

This is a great layout!!! I love that banner. That is awesome you have stuck with the project 12, I always hope to do that...and then never do.

Karen said...

I think it turned out really cute! I love your July tag and how you jazzed it up! If you need more journaling, you could always write on one of the other PP spots!

Davinie Fiero said...

I adore that little banner and I'm so glad P12 is pushing you to do more journaling. I have a friend who has scrapbooked for a long time and rarely does journaling, but she regrets it now because she looks back on those old photos but doesn't remember the story. Don't lose the story! :)

~jan said...

Perfection in a 2 page layout! That EP and your photos are fabulous together!

Unknown said...

This is super cute, summery and fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails