Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Here is a layout I did for a sketch challenge at Citrus Tree Studio.
This is one of my favorite photos. It was for our Christmas Cards in 2006.
I have been working on a few DT projects and you know what that means...I can't share them for a little while.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
- We were both shocked I was pregnant. It took us almost 3 years to get pregnant with Peyton and I was only off birth control for two weeks. It wasn't planned, it was definitely a surprise!
- The surgery/procedure I had in Portland cause me to be quite uncomfortable the rest of my pregnancy (unlike when I had the same surgery with Peyton).
- We bought AirLife insurance in fear of having to be air lifed to Portland during my pregnancy. It was grounded due to a storm the day we needed it.
- I'm so thankful we had time to get the steroid shot to speed the development of Maddy's lungs. I think it made a HUGE difference in our NICU stay.
- The process to undo the surgery was incredibly painful and LONG. The doctor removing the cerclage mentioned a few things that made me wonder if it was a botch job.
- I struggled with thought of missing out on 6 weeks of feeling Madeline move inside me. It was my favorite part about being pregnant.
- When it came to delivery time it was quite the party in my room. Chris and my mom were in there as well as my doctor, her nurse, then the NICU doctor and two nurses as well as a Airlife medic standing by for worst case scenario of Madeline having to be taken to a major hospital right away.
- Being pushed into the NICU room and seeing Maddy in her little crib thing with all the monitors on her just broke my heart.
- We stayed at the Ronald McDonald House, which was just a hop, skip and a jump from the hospital (walking distance). Let me tell you, this is one incredible organization and place. They made the whole process so much easier on us. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to this place and the women that run it!
Monday, January 25, 2010
I used up some random pieces of paper I had too. I don't do that often enough and quite enjoyed it.
My dad came down to visit a while back and it just so happened that him and the kids had OSU Beavers outfits on (must have been the bowl game day). This is one of my favorite pictures at the moment.
We put in an offer on a house in the next town over (about 30 min. away). We are anxiously awaiting the appraisal that should be happening this week. Chris and I made a lot of headway on the garage. We did a lot of pushing junk from one side to the other. But it is at least somewhat better, at least I think it is! Soon I will start the packing process as I have a feeling it will take me long this time now that Little Miss is into everything!
Friday, January 22, 2010
I inked everything, even the chipboard pieces.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
This is my Dad with Maddy.
I tried and tried to get Maddy to sleep. I was quite frustrated when one night I handed her over to Chris and said 'you try'. Yep, he just found himself a new nightly job! lol...He had the special touch Maddy needed to get her to calm down and go to sleep!
I realized I hadn't posted any of my Christmas pictures yet. Maddy wasn't to sure and didn't really care about her gifts. Peyton sure did though!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
And here is my take on their sketch:
Friday, January 15, 2010
And here is my take on it:
The only items not Cosmo Cricket are the Chipboard alphas (which are Basic Grey) and the cardstock (which is Bazzill).
While at the Dollar Tree and browsing the party section, I came across this:
I thought it would be a fun party decor. Here is how I changed it: